- 450g (1lb) Lean Welsh Beef mince
- 50g (2oz) Chorizo style sausage, finely chopped
- 1 Tomato, finely chopped
- 15ml (1tbsp) Smoked paprika
For the Salsa:
- 2 Tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 Green chilli, de-seeded & finely chopped
- 1 Spring onion, thinly sliced
- 15ml (1tbsp) Tomato ketchup
- 15ml (1tbsp) Olive oil
- First, preheat the grill or BBQ.
- Next, place the Welsh Beef mince, chopped chorizo, chopped tomato and smoked paprika into a large bowl and mix together thoroughly.
- Divide the mixture into 4 - 6 equal portions and shape into burgers - place the burgers on a plate, cover with cling film and leave to set for 5 minutes before cooking.
- After 5 minutes has passed, place the burgers under a hot preheated grill or BBQ and cook for
- 4-6 minutes each side, until cooked thoroughly.
- Now, put the chopped tomatoes, green chilli, spring onion, tomato ketchup and olive oil in a large bowl – stir, cover and allow the salsa to chill before serving.
- Finally, serve the burgers with olive or flavoured bread wedges and a large heap of your delicious homemade salsa.
- Serves – 4-6
- Cooking Time – 12 mins
Recipe provided by Hybu Cig Cymru - Meat Promotion Wales