- 500g PGI Welsh Beef mince
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Worcester sauce
- 400g tin of plum tomatoes
- 2 tsp mixed herbs
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1-2 tsp chilli powder (depending on your taste)
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Oil for frying
- 4 large wholemeal tortillas
- 100g grated Welsh cheddar cheese
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium heat, add the onions then the garlic and cook until softened. Add the minced beef and stir until the meat is browned all over. Then add the rest of the ingredients (from Worcester sauce to tomato puree). Reduce the heat and leave to simmer for around 25 minutes until the sauce has reduced and thickened.
- Line an oven dish with greaseproof paper. Sprinkle a handful of the cheese in each wrap and top with the minced beef mixture. Fold the wraps and place in the oven dish. Leave a little sauce to spoon over the wraps before topping with the remainder of the grated cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes at 180°C / 160°C fan / Gas 4. Sprinkle the chopped spring onions and serve with a green salad.
- Serves – 4
- Prep Time - 15 mins
- Cooking Time – 45 mins
Recipe provided by Hybu Cig Cymru - Meat Promotion Wales