Product added to cart
- 225g (8oz) Lean Welsh Beef rump steak, cut into thin strips
- 15ml (1tbsp) Vegetable oil
- 5cm (2”) Lemongrass stalk, squashed and finely sliced
- 1 Red chilli, deseeded and finely sliced
- 5cm (1”) Root ginger, peeled and grated
- 30ml (2tbsp) Dark brown sugar
- 10ml (2tsp) Dark soy sauce (non-sweetened)
- 10ml (2tsp) Fish sauce
- 5ml (1tsp) Sweet chilli sauce
- 1 Lime, rind and juice or ½ lime rind and juice
- Fresh basil, mint and coriander leaves to serve
- Heat the oil in a large wok or frying pan, add the Welsh Beef strips. Brown meat all over on a high heat, this should take about 2-3 minutes.
- Add to the pan the lemongrass, chilli, ginger, sugar, soy, fish sauce, sweet chilli sauce and juice and rind of lime.
- Cook for about 5 minutes until sticky and reduced.
- Place a portion of steamed Thai rice onto each plate, top with a scattering of steamed green beans and pile high with sticky Welsh Beef and fresh whole leaves of basil, mint and coriander leaves.
- Serves –2
- Cooking Time – 10 minutes approx.
Recipe provided by Hybu Cig Cymru - Meat Promotion Wales