Product added to cart
- 450g PGI Welsh Beef steak – sirloin or fillet, cut into thin strips
- 25g butter (optional)
- 100g button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, seeded and sliced into thin strips
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp coarse black pepper
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- Splash of white wine or brandy (optional)
- 300ml beef stock
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 heaped tbsp crème fraiche
- Chopped parsley and cooked white and wild rice to serve
- Heat a splash of oil in a pan and fry the meat strips on a high heat for a few minutes to brown, then add a splash of wine or brandy if you wish and cook for further 1 minute. Remove the meat from the pan.
- In same pan add a splash of oil and butter and fry the onion, garlic, mushrooms and pepper for a few minutes, then add the mustard, black pepper, salt, paprika and stir to combine.
- Add the stock and tomato puree and bring to the boil.
- Add the meat to the pan and heat through, then the crème fraiche, bring to the boil and serve with cooked rice and sprinkle with a good handful of chopped parsley.
- Serves : 4
- Prep time : 15 minutes
- Cooking Time : 15 mins
Recipe provided by Hybu Cig Cymru - Meat Promotion Wales