- 2 PGI Welsh Beef flat iron steaks, surface scored lightly
- ½ tsp salt flakes
- ½ tsp coarse black pepper
- 1 tbsp
For the chimichurri:
- 1 bunch of parsley, flat leaves
- 1 bunch of coriander
- Small red onion, finely chopped
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- ½ tsp chilli flakes
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp sea salt
- Heat a frying pan. Cook the steak for 2-3 minutes each side for medium-rare.
- Set the steak aside for 5 minutes before slicing thinly against the grain.
- To make the chimichurri blitz all the ingredients in a food processor for a few minutes.
- Mix in the oil and seasoning.
- Smear over the steak before serving.
- Serves : 2
- Prep Time : 20 mins
- Cooking Time : 8 mins
Recipe provided by Hybu Cig Cymru - Meat Promotion Wales