Product added to cart
- 450g (1lb) lean pork shoulder or leg, cut into cubes
- 3 spicy pork & chilli sausages, twisted and cut in half
- 3 rashers lean smoked bacon, chopped
- 30ml (2tbsp) vegetable oil
- 2 onions, cut into wedges
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and sliced
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and cut into small pieces
- 2 x 400g cans, chopped tomatoes
- 30ml (2tbsp) smoked paprika
- 5ml (1tsp) soft brown sugar
- 150ml (¼pt) pork stock
- 200g (approx) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 x 400g (approx) can butter beans, rinsed and drained (use half for pot & other for dumplings)
For the Dumplings
- 100g (4oz) self raising flour
- 40g (1½oz) Suet
- Reserved ½ can butter beans
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- Pre-heat your oven to Gas 4, 180° C, 350° F.
- Heat some oil in a large oven proof pot and add the pork, sausages, bacon, onion and garlic.
- Heat the mixture gently until the meat begins to brown and the onions soften.
- Now, add in all the remaining ingredients and bring to the boil. Once the dish is bubbling, add a lid and cook in the oven for 1½ hours or until the pork is tender.
- With the pork cooking, it’s time to make the dumplings. Place all of the ingredients for the dumplings into a bowl; add a little cold water to bind together. Next, shape the mixture into around 8-10 dumplings.
- Place the dumplings on top of the pork and cook for 20 minutes – 10 minutes with the lid on, 10 minutes with it off.
- Serve with steamed seasonal vegetables.
- Serves – 4-6
- Cooking Time – 2 hrs
Recipe provided by Hybu Cig Cymru - Meat Promotion Wales