- 700g pork belly slices, rind and excess fat removed
- 2 tbsp orange marmalade (rindless)
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 45ml (3 tbsp) orange juice
- 4 tbsp black bean sauce
- 2 star anise
- 3 Chinese leaves, roughly shredded
- ½ a little gem lettuce, roughly shredded
- 50g beansprouts
- 3 spring onions, thinly sliced
- a handful of fresh coriander leaves
- 1 large orange, peeled and cut into segments
- Serves – 5+
- Prep Time - 15 mins
- Cooking Time – 1 hr
- Add the pork strips, garlic and ginger.1. Preheat the oven to 190ᵒC / 170ᵒC fan / Gas 5.
- In a large bowl, mix together the marmalade, soy sauce, orange juice, black bean sauce and star anise.
- Add the belly slices and coat in the juice. Cover and marinate in the fridge for about one hour.
- Remove the belly slices from the marinade and place in an oven dish. Cover with foil and cook for about 50 – 60 minutes, turning and basting occasionally.
- Allow the belly slices to cool slightly and then cut into chunks.
- Serve on a bed of Chinese leaf, lettuce, beansprouts, spring onions, fresh coriander leaves and orange segments. Serve drizzled with the warm cooking juices.
Recipe provided by Porc Blasus