Product added to cart
- 450g (1lb) lean pork fillet (½" cubes)
- 15ml (1tbsp) oil
- 4 thick spicy sausages
- 1 onion (sliced)
- 2 garlic coved (crushed)
- 30ml (2tbsp) jerk seasoning
- 225g (8oz) long grain rice
- Can chopped tomatoes
- 600ml (1pt) stock
- 15ml (1tbsp) tomato purée
- 1 red pepper (deseeded and finely diced)
- 1 yellow pepper (deseeded and finely diced)
- 5 spring onions (finely sliced)
- Red chilli (de-seeded and chopped) (optional)
- 30ml (2tbsp) fresh coriander
- Heat 15ml (1tbsp) oil in a large saucepan.
- Add 1 onion and garlic, and cook for 2 minutes until softened
- Add 4 thick spicy sausages and brown. Remove and cool slightly, cut into 3.
- Add 450g (1lb) lean pork fillet and cook until browned.
- Add 30ml (2tbsp) jerk seasoning and cook for a further 1 minute.
- Add 225g (8oz) long grain rice and stir until coated in the spices.
- Pour in chopped tomatoes, stock, tomato purée, and red and yellow pepper.
- Stir well, cover and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally (may need to add extra liquid if sticky).
- Uncover for a further 10-15 minutes until thickened, and add 5 spring onions,1 chilli, seeded and chopped, and 30ml (2tbsp) fresh coriander.
- Serves : 4
- Cooking Time : 1 hour approx.
Recipe provided by Hybu Cig Cymru - Meat Promotion Wales