- 225g (8oz) pork tenderloin fillet cut into thin slices
- 15ml (1tbsp) olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 small leeks, washed and thinly sliced
- 225g (8oz) Arborio risotto rice
- Black pepper
- 750-900ml (1¼-1½pt) pork stock
- 75g (3oz) black pudding cut into small cubes
- 150g (5oz) frozen peas
- 15ml (1tbsp) fresh basil and mint, roughly chopped
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat a splash of oil in a large pan, then add in the pork slices, garlic and leeks and cook for around 2-3 minutes.
- Once the pork slices, garlic and leeks are browned, add the rice, season and stir together.
- With the ingredients thoroughly mixed together, add most of the hot stock and stir well – leave a little stock in reserve to help maintain the consistency of the risotto later on.
- Now allow the risotto to simmer for around 15-20 minutes without the lid on. You can add the extra stock if the risotto becomes too dry.
- Next, add the black pudding and peas and heat through.
- Scatter with fresh herbs and Parmesan, then serve.
- Serves : 3-4
- Cooking Time : 35 minutes approx.
Recipe provided by Hybu Cig Cymru - Meat Promotion Wales